Please have ALL items clearly labeled with your camper’s first and last name.
Every day, each camper should bring to camp:
- Lunch in a bag or small lunchbox. We provide refrigeration for campers’ lunches, so please do not send a large lunchbox or ice packs. Riverlea provides “bug juice” (Gatorade), milk, and water.
- A bathing suit. We ask campers to leave their bathing suits at camp for the whole session on their individual labeled hook to avoid the risk of leaving it at home and being unable to swim.
- A towel.
- River shoes that can be left at camp in the camper’s cubby.
- Sunscreen. We help the youngest campers reapply sunscreen after lunch.
- Not required, but highly encouraged: Water bottle, packed outside the lunchbox. Nothing beats constant and immediate access to water. This really helps keep the kids hydrated and happy.
What to wear:
- Comfortable clothes that can get dirty.
- Closed-toe, comfortable shoes. Sneakers are highly recommended. Keens are popular and dual-function as dry shoes and water shoes.
- Book for rest hour.
- Playing cards for rest hour.
- Tennis racquet.
- Extra snack for the afternoon. Due to food allergies, campers may eat only in the Shire under supervision of a counselor. During free swim in the afternoon, we will have a table where campers can eat the rest of their lunch or a snack from home.
Please do NOT bring:
- Trading cards or any cards other than standard playing cards.